Tools for Life Professional Development
Various training options are available to effectively implement and support the Tools for Life program.
Tools for Life Training Services and Pricing
Training cost, unless otherwise specified: $229 per seat, per day, per person plus applicable taxes. All training provided by the Tools for Life Training Institute and its accredited facilitators.
Tools for Life professional learning shall include the following training services:
Certification Training Options:
- 3-day Certification Training (T3, train-the-trainer model) offered at $976 plus applicable taxes. A minimum of 8 participants – maximum of 20 participants, is required for the training session. Included in this price, each participant will receive one Tools for Life Kit, valued at $289. Offsite training will require the customer to pay reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for the lead trainer(s).
- 2-day Certification Training offered at $747 plus applicable taxes, as noted above. Included in this price, each participant will receive one Tools for Life Kit, valued at $289.
Day ONE – Philosophical Underpinnings
Day TWO – Practicum Expectations
Day THREE – Teaching others how to effectively implement Tools for Life
Teacher / Agency Training:
- 1-day practical Introductory Workshop for frontline staff priced at $229 per person plus applicable taxes, for teachers, education assistants, and agency clients. It should be noted that a minimum of 12 participants – maximum of 30 participants is required for the training. Each participant will be presumed to have access to a Tools for Life kit, in their facility. Offsite training will require the customer to also pay reasonable travel and accommodation expenses for the lead trainer.
Consulting Training Services:
- Offered post-training, and to further ensure fidelity to the Tools for Life program, the services of a certified Tools for Life training consultant can be purchased by a client at a rate to be negotiated, plus applicable taxes and reasonable expenses and accommodation.
Mentoring and Booster Training Services:
- At a discounted price (rate to be negotiated) for clients already using Tools for Life resources but who require a refresher.
Please contact your local Reseller regarding your training requirements, or email us at:
Tools for Life Blog
Tools for Life is pleased to announce publication of the 2017 Early Learning teaching manual offering emergent learning for Child Care, and inquiry-led, play-based Skills for Full Day Kindergarten. The FDK section of the teaching manual aligns with 2016 Ontario Ministry of Education guidelines regarding play-based learning. This FDK section was completed in collaboration with […]
Go to our Blog
“(Tools for Life) has helped our school efforts to create a climate and culture that is courteous, kind, fair and respectful to others.”
Inge Ford – W.T. Townshend School
“When I attended the Tools for Life workshop, I was amazed at how much my child knew, and how we can use the tools to deal with problems at home.”
“If there could be anything that would best encompass the role of the Tools for Life program, it would be “Happiness is not the absence of problems, but the ability to deal with them.” We at Country Hills Public School not only feel that the Tools for Life program has given us strategies in dealing with difficult times, but the ability to teach and maintain the program, year after year.”
Country Hills Public School